Home

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Morocco 2010

The engraving at Medrassa Bou Inania
On the way to Todra
 I was mesmerized by the beauty of the landscape, the authentic food, the vibrant culture and the warmth of the people. Morocco is such a beautiful country with the possibilities of experiencing anything beyond imagination. After all the dreams, finally, here I am in the glorious city of Fes.

The Europeans cleared the immigration quite fast since they do not require a visa to enter Morocco, while we got a detail check on our visas. Upon clearing the immigration, we proceed to collect our baggage. We were greeted by a few guys, asking if we need transportation to the city. But I am glad to have arranged for transportation to Dar el Menia with Graham. I don’t think I would be able to survive the haggling at the airport.


Along the drive to Medina, I saw mostly men hanging on the streets and barely any ladies loiterers. The driver was quiet and so did we. Not being able to speak Arabic or French is such a disappointment in this country. I don't think my poor French would be of any help :)
Black Olives at Fes Medina

No comments:

Post a Comment